Thursday, January 8, 2009

Fuji Apple flavored mentos

That's right, I picked up fuji apple flavored mentos AND grape mentos at the store today. Who knew such a thing even existed!

The flight to HK was pretty uneventful, which is a good thing. A bunch of Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU-commonly referred to as BU) students picked our group of 9 students up at the airport and took us to "BU." We've been in orientation for the last 2 days, and tomorrow is a tour of the city-woohoo!

Last night I went to a supermarket with a few other students, and that was definitely a new experience. As soon as I picked out a pillow and pillowcase, a woman gave me a slip of paper and took my stuff away! (I think they get commission) Then I had to pick a bedspread, and I knew it wouldn't match the pillowcase that had disappeared to the counter. I proceeded to the counter intending to take the case and go find a new one--that was plain confusing. After much description using gestures and made up sign language (on my part) she relinquished the pillowcase into my hands. I can now rest in peace (pun intended =) as everything matches.

This evening I went to a mall called Festival Wok with my new friend Liana. All I can say is wow. The walk was about ten minutes from campus, and the mall was incredible. We were on a mission to get Octopus cards for riding the Mass Transit Railway (MTR) and cheap cell phones and a sim card. Our mission was accomplished pretty smoothly, with the sim card coming from a little 7-eleven booth on the street. I also got a sweet denim skirt from H&M out of the trip. The mall was massive with seven stories and a gazillion escalators. We finally got used to the escalators going up on the left, until one of them was randomly the opposite. Whoops, we nearly had a crisis!

The first pic is of the crazy escalators, and the second was taken from my bedroom window.



2 comments:

jordan hart said...

nice view!

Anonymous said...

nice idea, thanks for sharing

our websites are
徵信 and 水果禮盒

very welcome to see us...