Monday, April 6, 2009

Coming Right Up

It will be weird missing Easter at home. It is a special time, and I'm used to spending most of it with my church. But rather than just sitting around campus (we don’t have classes all week), I’ll be flying up to Beijing on the 13th and returning to HK on the 18th! I picked up my mainland China visa at the Chinese consulate in Wan Chai a few days ago, and I’m looking forward to seeing the Great Wall and the Forbidden City. I’ll save the blogging for afterward!

I’ve reached a point where the end is in sight, but it’s still far away..43 more days. In an effort to put some of the thoughts drifting through my brain down on paper, I have started several lists. Keep in mind that some things are really random, and that the items are not in any particular order.


What am I looking forward to at home?

*Being with my family/friends
*Charlie- I always miss my favorite k-9 when away.
*Seeing grass instead of concrete
*Driving places
*Being inside a house, an actual solid house with a front door. I haven’t been in one since the morning I left Troy! (Only the really rich live in houses here, due to the high population.)
*Homemade Lasagna/homemade banana bread/random fruit smoothie concoctions in the blender…fooood in general.
*Being finished with dorm life forever (although this entire year has been free from kids being immature—still happy it’s over)

What will I not miss when I leave?

*Rice-at least for a while
*The construction outside my window
*Crossing the streets!
*Noise, noise, noise.

What will I miss?
*My new friends and acquaintances
*Hearing my roommate talk in her sleep, in Cantonese! haha..It always amazes me that people are dreaming and thinking in different languages.
*Hopping on the MTR and going places
*Pacific Coffee Company (I don’t know for sure, but this company may have more market share in HK than Starbucks)
*Church and fellowship with the Ralee family and others
*My potted plant (I don’t think customs would appreciate me bringing soil back)

1 comment:

Ron Hart said...

Are you going to get the book "101 ways to WOK your dog" before you come home?