Thursday, February 19, 2009

The case of the yuanxiao dumpling

Not too much new to report here...I was a little lethargic last weekend due to feeling a bit sick and a book that sucked up my attention. It all started after eating a sesame filled dumpling in red bean soup--called a yuanxiao dumpling or 粽子. We had a floor party celebrating a holiday for the mainland students, and this was the traditional snack served.

Basically, we’re talking black sesame powder inside of sticky rice flour, all floating in a bowl of red bean soup. Here is a photo I found online...looks appetizing, huh?


Here is the recipe if you actually think so:
http://chinesefood.about.com/od/chinesenewyear/r/yuanxiao.htm
(sorry, dear reader, I tried and failed to insert the link properly)

Thankfully, both the nausea and the book are history..hahaha. So maybe this weekend will yield greater returns. Oh no, that phrase made me think of accounting--midterms in 2 weeks!

Well, there are two new photos to share:


Inside Kowloon City Plaza


I know I already posted a pic from my room, but the sky was purple!

No comments: